Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Police Officer Wenjian Liu and Police Officer Rafael Ramos were shot and killed from ambush while sitting in their patrol car at the intersection of Myrtle Avenue and Thompkins Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
Both officers were participating in an anti-terrorism drill when a subject walked up their patrol car and opened fire with a handgun, striking them both in the head and upper body multiple times. Other officers immediately pursued the the subject into a nearby subway station where the man committed suicide.
The subject was a gang member from Baltimore, Maryland, who had traveled to New York City specifically to ambush police officers. The man had published his intentions on social media prior to the shooting.
Officer Liu had served with the New York City Police Department for four years. Officer Ramos had served with the New York City Police Department for two years.

Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Commissioner William J. Bratton New York City Police Department 1 Police Plaza Room 1320 New York, NY 10038

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/22...an-liu#ixzz3MUTNiBqb

Read more: http://www.odmp.org/officer/22...-ramos#ixzz3MUZ2EJ5X

Officers Wen Jian Liu, Rafael Ramos took different paths to NYPD

One was a newlywed, the other a father who recently changed careers to fulfill a lifelong dream of becoming a cop.

The NYPD officers shot and killed Saturday in Brooklyn came to the force at different points in their lives but were together in the front seats of a police car when a gunman ambushed them, police said.

Officer Wen Jian Liu, a seven-year NYPD veteran, was married two months ago, Police Commissioner William Bratton said Saturday night in remarks outside Woodhull Medical Center, where both officers died hours earlier.

Officer Rafael Ramos, who celebrated his 40th birthday Dec. 12, was a school security officer before joining the NYPD in 2012, according to Bratton.

He had a wife and a 13-year-old son who "couldn't comprehend what happened to his father," Mayor Bill de Blasio said.

Both officers lived in Brooklyn and were assigned to the 84th Precinct, police said.

De Blasio, in paying tribute to the slain officers, called them "two good men who dedicated their lives to protecting all of us."

Liu, 32, and Ramos were sitting inside a critical response vehicle assigned to a housing project in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn at 2:47 p.m. when Ismaaiyl Brinsley, 28, fired into the vehicle, police said. Brinsley took his own life soon afterward, they said.

Ramos lived with his family in the same neighborhood of two-story row houses where he grew up, in the Cypress Hills section. A police officer stood guard Saturday night outside his home, about four miles from the scene of the slayings

Ramos had another son who is college age, said Nelson Mejia, a grocer in the neighborhood who knew the officer for 25 years.

Wendi Adams, who has lived there more than 30 years, described Ramos as a good neighbor who mostly kept to himself.

"He was a very good guy; always tried to help out in the neighborhood," she said. "It's a really sad thing. It's just sad. God bless him."

Liu moved six or seven months ago to a house with a small front yard in Brooklyn's Gravesend section, said a neighbor who declined to give his name.

He said Liu was a nice man who told him he was a police officer.

http://www.newsday.com/news/ne...hs-to-nypd-1.9735342

Originally Posted by Contendah:
Originally Posted by HIFLYER2:

Sad and the media will give this about 1/100000000000 of the airtime of Ferguson!

___

All the network and cable news outlets covered this double murder as their lead item tonight. Your wingnut prediction has already been severely damaged.

He's talking about 24/7 coverage for over three months.   The wingnut is strong in you.

Contendah and the other lefties won't be making thread after thread about it, and won't be calling the guy a murderer. There will be millions of excuses, such as 'black rage', the false claim that all blacks descended from slaves, and that preys on their minds, and other excuses. We'll get to hear how downtrodden the black man/woman is, even though there have been BILLIONS and BILLIONS spent to educate, support, and move them up. What is the excuse when whites kill? White rage at constantly being accused of being racists and the insane claim all their ancestors were slave owners? All the left will be clucking and calling me a racist for pointing out the obvious, because I and others are sick and tired of the left trying, and it looks like succeeding, in dividing this country by race, and this country will take one more tiny step downward into the waiting arms of our enemies.

Sad and the media will give this about 1/100000000000 of the airtime of Ferguson!

___

All the network and cable news outlets covered this double murder as their lead item tonight. Your wingnut prediction has already been severely damaged.

When this is still major news in April, (remember Brown was killed in August)then you can say that "Your wingnut prediction has already been severely damaged."  I doubt it will make it past a week.

To be clear, my first post was intended to get away from numbers and give the officers names and faces.  My second post was to introduce the officers by way of personal history.

What WILL follow will be their funerals.  NYC will be sure to show due respect.

And there will be your usual whiners [as on this forum] saying that too much respect is being paid these fallen heroes.

What WILL NOT follow will be rioting, looting, and burning of minority businesses.

And that will not be good for the media.

Last edited by budsfarm

___

HAHA far from true your reading comprehension needs work, I did not say covered tonight!   Since Ferguson happened early August we will have to wait 5 months to see who is right and Ill put it on my calender.   I can guarantee it will not get 1/1000000000 of the airtime Ferguson received in that period!

I would be shocked, pleased but shocked, if this didn't fall out of the news. Face it, we're kidding ourselves. It's already over. Read the garbage they're spouting. Who do they think they're kidding?? What an insult to anyone's intelligence. Peaceful protests? Pftttttttttttttttttttttttt

One of the longest-standing U.S. civil rights groups, the NAACP, on Sunday joined in condemning the attack but warned against tying it directly to the recent anti-police demonstrations.

"There is no connection between the peaceful protest of thousands of people of all races all over the country and, indeed, around the world, and this hideous act of violence," the group's legal defense fund said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-york...d-nyt-001338194.html

___

HAHA far from true your reading comprehension needs work, I did not say covered tonight!   Since Ferguson happened early August we will have to wait 5 months to see who is right and Ill put it on my calender.   I can guarantee it will not get 1/1000000000 of the airtime Ferguson received in that period!

When was the incident with Garner? July?

Last edited by Bestworking

Bobble head sharpton is claiming he's getting threatening phone calls after the murder of the two cops.  No threats before this you lying pos racist pig? Obama's 'go to guy', your first death threats? How's that possible? POS. Using two dead officers to try to work up sympathy for himself and take the heat off him and his mob for being responsible for their deaths.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

I would be shocked, pleased but shocked, if this didn't fall out of the news. Face it, we're kidding ourselves. It's already over. Read the garbage they're spouting. Who do they think they're kidding?? What an insult to anyone's intelligence. Peaceful protests? Pftttttttttttttttttttttttt

One of the longest-standing U.S. civil rights groups, the NAACP, on Sunday joined in condemning the attack but warned against tying it directly to the recent anti-police demonstrations.

"There is no connection between the peaceful protest of thousands of people of all races all over the country and, indeed, around the world, and this hideous act of violence," the group's legal defense fund said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/two-york...d-nyt-001338194.html

+++

They "warned?" 

What are they going to do if we do choose to connect the dots?

"Burn the bytch down?"

Last edited by budsfarm
Originally Posted by JJ:

For all that's Holy all of you need to give it a break. These two officers aren't even in the ground yet and you are all back into your petty bickering. Why not express your sympathy then let it go for awhile?

----------------------------

Who's bickering? Let it go like sharpton and all have let garner and brown go? Give it that kind of break? Don't worry, pity of it, it will fall out of the news soon. IF thugs get months/years of outrage and 'protest', two cops should get a few days.

Originally Posted by Mr. Hooberbloob:

___

He's talking about 24/7 coverage for over three months.   The wingnut is strong in you.

____

The math deficiency is strong in YOU.  Just the coverage to date has exceeded that 1/100000000000 wildass exaggeration you urped up. The news media uniformly continue to cover this story as a lead item.   Thus, HIFLYER's knee-jerk prediction is looking worse with each passing day. 

Don't you just love the way the media reports things? They're back to business as usual, stirring up racial hatred and tension.

A white Milwaukee police officer who was fired after he fatally shot a mentally ill black man in April won't face criminal charges, the county's top prosecutor said Monday.

Not, "shooting ruled justifiable", oh no, they can't do that, they have to say, "police officer who was fired after he fatally shot a mentally ill BLACK man won't face charges". In other words, "tsk, tsk, another murdering white cop gets off".

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-offic...oting-144211939.html

Then we have this:

The shooter — identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley — boasted about wanting to murder cops in the hours before he ambushed the officers outside the Tompkins Houses in Bedford-Stuyvesant about 2:45 p.m.

What race was the killer? What race were his victims?

Come along to the Legion Hall in Newtyle on Friday 20th April at 7 ...

Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley that is.

And so it goes!

My heart aches for the families of these police officers. To lose them at any time of the year would be tragic, but this close to the holidays just adds another layer of sorrow. I hope their families find peace soon. 

As for the murderer...How many times do you have to be arrested for illegally carrying a firearm before they seriously lock you up? There were many opportunities to take him off the streets that were missed. His mental illness alone should have warranted more action. But, sadly, hindsight is 20/20, and in a society saturated with guns what do we really expect? If we are unwilling to face the consequences of practically unfettered gun ownership, glorified violence, and untreated mental illness, then we will continue to see these kinds of horrible acts of violence. And those issues really just scratch the surface.

As for Ferguson and Eric Garner, well, I hope it doesn't fall out of the news until we start to actually see a change in the militarization of our police force. For everyones sake. Including the LEO's. I feel that police depts are caught in the middle. Of course there are bad cops. That's just the way humans are. There are good and bad people in all walks of life. Anyone would be blind to not see that our police forces have been giving way too much leeway and are stomping all over our civil rights these days. However, the reasons are varied and complicated and it can't all be laid at the feet of the officers. We have to start working our way to a better answer and it has to start with REAL conversations and REAL solutions. We must come together and work these issues out or everyone loses. 

Happy Holidays to all of you and may the new year bring better days. 

If, the state of Maryland has share mental health info, the killer would not have legally purchased a firearm.  The two deaths used by the demonstrators had nothing to do with the militarization of the police. Retired NYPD officers are planning a quiet protest to keep de Blasio away from the funerals of the twp slain policemen.

Listened to Comrade de Blasio attempt to sooth furor he raised against the police.  Unfortunately, he did not utter the one thing that would truly help =- his resignation. 

Originally Posted by mad American:
What was he doing with a gun?  All those anti freedom laws are sure working.

-----------------

I'm sure some ne'er do well nra member gave it to him. Maybe one of those Tea Party members.

Guns? It looks like we need to start looking out for crazies in cars now. That's fine though, everyone can use public transportation and save Gaea from plant food caused incineration.

A man heard shouting "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") has been arrested in France after ploughing his car into crowds of people.

At least 13 people were injured, two of them seriously, after the driver targeted passers-by in five different areas of the eastern city of Dijon.

Witnesses told police he was also heard shouting he was "acting for the children of Palestine" during the rampage, which lasted about half an hour.

http://news.sky.com/story/1395...ar-drives-into-crowd

Originally Posted by JJ:

For all that's Holy all of you need to give it a break. These two officers aren't even in the ground yet and you are all back into your petty bickering. Why not express your sympathy then let it go for awhile?

----------------------------

Who's bickering? Let it go like sharpton and all have let garner and brown go? Give it that kind of break? Don't worry, pity of it, it will fall out of the news soon. IF thugs get months/years of outrage and 'protest', two cops should get a few days.

I doubt you have ever served as a LEO.  Peace Officers nationwide are in mourning. Let them mourn in peace. So I will let it go with, you just don't "get it".

Out here

Last edited by JJ

I doubt you have ever served as a LEO.  Peace Officers nationwide are in mourning. Let them mourn in peace. So I will let it go with, you just don't "get it".

Out here

I've never claimed to be connected in any way with any police officer, and I have stated many times that I don't have any in my family or know any personally at this time. There's no way posts on a newspaper forum in North Alabama are upsetting any mourners, and certainly not any posts I or anyone else (Anyone I have seen, I do have some blocked) have made. So, your, "give it a rest" seems very out of place. I will repeat, if thugs can have months of riots and protests, two murdered cops should get a few days of outrage for being killed for no reason other than they were police officers, and the police have had months of pure hard hatred stirred up towards them. As I posted, it will drop out of the news fast enough, with nothing at all happening to the ones partially responsible for getting the officers killed. They will go about their lives stirring up hatred and unrest, getting richer off their illegal activities, just as they have done for all these years without anyone stopping them.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.