Skip to main content

great station but it should play more current local music and the old hits that were popular during the time they were cut here and released. i hear alot of songs i have never even heard before. play more recent local bands and artists like jason isbell, gary nichols, james leblanc, pine hill haints, jukebox jim, state line mob, etc... and they could at least have a request line (as far as i know they dont) so some of us could call in and request songs. but all in all its a good station that supports local music and is trying to get muscle shoals back to "the hit rcording capital of the world". What do you guys think?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Martin, at most stations this is controlled by the Program Director. It might be interesting for you to organize your thoughts into brief, comprehensive notes, then call or write the station and request a thrity minute meeting with the PD and discuss your thoughts. Remember, these stations are licensed to serve the public interest.
I've only been listening for a few weeks and I'm surprised at how much I love it. I've never been a huge fan of R&B, Gospel or Country, but I think listening to that station is kind of like eating local honey.

Jason Isbell and the Truckers have both been on pretty heavy rotation but I'm with you - I would love to hear the Haints!
quote:
Originally posted by olwiggum:
I don't hear the Haints on there much, but I hear quite a bit of the other acts that you mentioned except for Jukebox Jim. I thought they were a cover band.

I think the station does a pretty good job of rotating out the classics with the current stuff as well as the deep cuts.

i totally agree that the station is doing great. and yes jukebox jim is a cover band but i've heard a couple of the songs they cover on the air. the pine hill haints have some good songs. and jason isbell is the bob dylan of our time in my opinion.

Add Reply

Untitled Document
Link copied to your clipboard.