Are you Marxist Dems' pleased with yourselves? Is this your idea of 'Eutopia'? https://www.newsmax.com/us/baby-formula-shortage-mexico/2022/06/22/id/1075573/
Replies sorted oldest to newest
Link isn't working.
The article no longer appears to be on their website.
Working link: https://www.voanews.com/a/us-i...ortage-/6628424.html
Patriot nor our Founding Fathers never called America a ****hole.
In case you're wondering where the Founding Fathers would stand on that issue.
Here you go.
US Importing Baby Formula From Mexico to Ease Shortage
The Biden administration announced Wednesday it is providing logistical support to import the equivalent of about 16 million 8-ounce baby formula bottles from Mexico starting this weekend, as part of its efforts to ease nationwide supply shortages caused by the closure of the largest U.S. manufacturing plant.
The Department of Health and Human Services is expediting the travel of trucks that will drive about 1 million pounds of Gerber Good Start Gentle infant formula from a Nestlé plant to U.S. retailers, the White House said, nearly doubling the amount imported to the U.S. to date. Cargo flights from Europe and Australia already have brought baby formula into the U.S., including two new rounds of air shipments that begin this weekend.
The White House has been working to make supply more available as it has faced pressure from parents over supply issues after regulators in February shuttered a Michigan plant run by Abbott that is the largest domestic manufacturer of baby formula over safety concerns. The plant reopened on June 4 after the company committed to additional sanitizing and safety protocols, but shuttered again more than a week ago after severe weather caused damage to the plant.
The company said it needs time to assess damage and re-sanitize the factory after severe thunderstorms and heavy rains swept through southwestern Michigan on June 13.
Last month, the Food and Drug Administration moved to ease federal import regulations to allow baby formula to be shipped to the U.S., and Biden authorized the use of the Defense Production Act to provide federal support to move formula from overseas into the U.S.
Wednesday's announcement also includes air shipments of 1.65 million 8-ounce bottle equivalents of Nestlé NAN Supremepro 2 infant formula from Germany to Texas this weekend, and 5.5 million 8-ounce bottle equivalents of Bubs infant formula in two shipments on June 26 and July 5.
The White House says, by June 26, it efforts dubbed "Operation Fly Formula" will have brought 32 flights and almost 19 million 8-ounce bottle equivalents of infant formula into the U.S.
The Economy is so bad that Cubic Zirconia is now a Girl’s Best friend.
• I Received a Pre-Declined credit card in the mail.
• CEOs are now playing Miniature Golf.
• Exxon-Mobil had to Lay Off "25 Congressmen."
• McDonald's is Selling the 1/4 Ouncer.;
• Angelina Jolie Adopted a Child from America.
• Parents in Beverly Hills Fired their Nannies & are Learning their Children's Names.
• A Truckload of Americans were Caught Sneaking into Mexico.
• When Bill & Hillary Clinton Travel together, they now have to Share a Room.
• The Treasure Island Casino in Las Vegas is now Managed by Somali Pirates.
• I was so Depressed Last Night about the Economy, Wars, Jobs, my Savings, Social Security, Retirement Funds, etc. I called the Suicide Hotline & got Routed to a Call Center in Afghanistan. When I told them I was Suicidal, they got All Excited & Asked if "I could Drive a Truck.