Skip to main content

O'Reilly
Loses It
Vintage Footage Shows Rage Building
Until He Snaps: It's All Caught on Tape.

May 12) -- If you thought Bill O'Reilly has the tendency to snap on camera on his Fox News show, wait until you see some vintage footage of the boisterous host from his pre-'Factor' days.



The footage is from O'Reilly's days as a reporter on 'Inside Edition,' where he worked from 1988-1995. In it, O'Reilly is reading a promo for the show, when he begins to get irritated over teleprompter problems. He goes back and forth with a producer, switching from lip-biting to flat-out screaming and cursing by the end. There's no date given on the video to indicate what year it was filmed.

O'Reilly's temper has been somewhat of a trademark for him through the years, especially on his Fox News show 'The O'Reilly Factor.' On the show, O'Reilly often gets into yelling matches with guests, sometimes resulting in him shutting off their microphones and asking them to leave.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/tv-news-st...20080512073709990001
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

.
.
Not surprised. He's always seemed a little on the pompous jerk side. I've worked with a lot of people in the media and most(but not all) of them are very self-centered and egotistical. They can be the biggest butts to all the people working around them, but when the camera rolls they click on the smiley face and become Mr./Mrs. congeniality. Camera goes off, they fade back to their true colors once again.

I've tried to watch his show at the urging of some of my conservative friends, but I always sensed that quality about him and couldn't take in what he was saying because I just couldn't get past his personality. Those few times I've tried to sit through a show, I've noticed that he's rude to his guests (even the ones with the same opinions at times) and often makes statements not based on facts.

So, now, whenever he's on, I just change channels.
.
.
.
.
I think he is related to Hitler! (isn't "Oreilly" Irish for Hitler)?


"And that's not even broaching the falafal situation".
AND THAT'S NOT EVEN BROACHING THE FALAFAL
SITUATION!!!!!!
FALAFAL! FALAFIL! FALAFEL! The word "falafel" is the plural of the Arabic word فلفل (filfil), meaning pepper.[1] Variant spellings in English include felafel and filafil.

Falafel is generally served in pita bread, either inside the pita, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flat pita. In many countries, falafel is a popular street food or fast food. The falafel balls, whole or crushed, may be topped with salads, pickled vegetables and hot sauce, and drizzled with tehina (tahini). Falafel balls may also be eaten alone as a snack or served as part of a mezze. During Ramadan, they are sometimes eaten as part of an iftar, the meal which breaks the daily fast after sunset.
Last edited by gracies old man
Not a fan of the man or the show?? Oh well, if you have several best selling books and the top rated cable news show, you can expect a few cheap shots from the under achievers. It seems to me that the man has back bone and the courage of his convictions to believe in something and stand up for what he believes. I am relatively sure, no, make that certain that O'Reilly has not been damaged by archival video or comments make in the TD forum.
I watch bill on the time and have never seen him push someone off the show without reasonable cause...
That is why his show is considered by Hillary as one of the most fair and balanced shows on the news networks...at least this is what she said last week..of course we all know the clintons...their opinions change daily like the Florida Weather F
I know this kills the leftys when the numbers show bill wiping butt in the ratings...but the facts are the facts...
readum and weep...
quote:
Not a fan of the man or the show?? Oh well, if you have several best selling books and the top rated cable news show, you can expect a few cheap shots from the under achievers. It seems to me that the man has back bone and the courage of his convictions to believe in something and stand up for what he believes. I am relatively sure, no, make that certain that O'Reilly has not been damaged by archival video or comments make in the TD forum.


A man with a little spunk. Wink If a person has something to hide, they should definatly not go on his show.
quote:
Originally posted by Howard Roark:
Don't care much for his style, but his attacks on pedophiles and their enablers goes a long way towards justifying his existence.




justifying his existence? I agree with you Howard. O'Reilly's existance is called entertaining the people. His news is not real and he takes news clips and uses them like other TV shows. Does Comedy Central come into mind? O'Reilly is entertainment and makes people laugh.
quote:
Originally posted by Sassy Kims:
I'll have to try watching O'Reilly sometime. Anybody that can get so many liberal panties into a wad, and wet to boot, must be somebody I'd enjoy watching.



Funny, we say the samething about the right wing. Of course, we have better comedians than Bill O'Reilly. We have John Stewart, Bill Maher, just to name a few. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by JJPAUL:
quote:
Originally posted by Sassy Kims:
I'll have to try watching O'Reilly sometime. Anybody that can get so many liberal panties into a wad, and wet to boot, must be somebody I'd enjoy watching.



Funny, we say the samething about the right wing. Of course, we have better comedians than Bill O'Reilly. We have John Stewart, Bill Maher, just to name a few. Wink


Wasn't John Stewart in that movie, "Big Daddy"? He wasn't very good.

And I wouldn't know Bill Maher if I saw him.

I assume you know what you're talking about when you claim liberals are funnier than O'Reilly...

I just know I see a lot more posts by liberals ranting, raving and condemning O'Reilly than I do from Conservatives about Stewart or Maher. Must be because O'Reilly gets to them...rubs salt in their wounds, so to say.

Anyway, I must watch him sometime and see what all the fuss is about.
I don't think he was in that movie, Sassy. The name is spelled "Jon Stewart". He is actually funny and holds no bias to either side. O'Reilly had him on the Factor some time back and it was a good moment. Bill can lose it, but usually for a good reason. He gets livid over pedophiles. Enjoy the show.
quote:
Originally posted by littlemeanmama:
I don't think he was in that movie, Sassy. The name is spelled "Jon Stewart". He is actually funny and holds no bias to either side. O'Reilly had him on the Factor some time back and it was a good moment. Bill can lose it, but usually for a good reason. He gets livid over pedophiles. Enjoy the show.


Yeah, I knew the correct spelling...but he was in "Big Daddy". He played Kevin Garrity, the absent father of the kid Adam Sandler adopts. The episode or two of Stewart's I've seen has him taking pot shots at everybody.

Still amuses me how worked up our little group of socialist liberals get over O'Reilly. I've penciled in a reminder to myself to watch him sometime and see what he does to grind those liberal gears. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Sassy Kims:
I just know I see a lot more posts by liberals ranting, raving and condemning O'Reilly than I do from Conservatives about Stewart or Maher. Must be because O'Reilly gets to them...rubs salt in their wounds, so to say.

Anyway, I must watch him sometime and see what all the fuss is about.


It is quite obvious why democrats fuss about O'Reilly but Republicans don't as much about Maher and Stewart and the like. Our guys poke fun at the truth. Even in their comedy they point out blatant facts that can not be refuted, but are easily made fun of. O'Reilly, and all of this is well documented, espouses venom and lies on his show. When his "reporting" is easily refuted, yet there are still drooling knuckle draggers walking about calling him a "culture warrior", then that does tend to raise the ire of those who wish to hear truth in reporting.

Of course, we also voice our opinions in public and our distaste is made visible. Republicans are a little more covert than that. Think about O'Reilly himself who has repeatedly made requests, along with his superiors at Faux News that Keith Olbermann and Countdown be taken off the air. When that hasn't happened, they make up lies about NBC, like the newest that they have funded terrorist in Iran through some weird chain of events that's so ridiculous even a conspiracy theorist would consider it insane.
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeysUncleByMarriage:
quote:
Originally posted by Sassy Kims:
I just know I see a lot more posts by liberals ranting, raving and condemning O'Reilly than I do from Conservatives about Stewart or Maher. Must be because O'Reilly gets to them...rubs salt in their wounds, so to say.

Anyway, I must watch him sometime and see what all the fuss is about.


It is quite obvious why democrats fuss about O'Reilly but Republicans don't as much about Maher and Stewart and the like. Our guys poke fun at the truth. Even in their comedy they point out blatant facts that can not be refuted, but are easily made fun of. O'Reilly, and all of this is well documented, espouses venom and lies on his show. When his "reporting" is easily refuted, yet there are still drooling knuckle draggers walking about calling him a "culture warrior", then that does tend to raise the ire of those who wish to hear truth in reporting.

Of course, we also voice our opinions in public and our distaste is made visible. Republicans are a little more covert than that. Think about O'Reilly himself who has repeatedly made requests, along with his superiors at Faux News that Keith Olbermann and Countdown be taken off the air. When that hasn't happened, they make up lies about NBC, like the newest that they have funded terrorist in Iran through some weird chain of events that's so ridiculous even a conspiracy theorist would consider it insane.


It's not obvious to me yet. As I said, I'll have to watch him sometime. Until then, I'll just have to be content watching the socialist liberals go spastic every time they see him or find a clip of him on You Tube.

Liberals are much easier to offend that Conservatives. Conservatives don't get all tore up over opinions...we are only concerned with facts.
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeysUncleByMarriage:
Conservatives don't get all tore up? Oh, then you haven't watched O'Reilly for sure and you certainly haven't watched Fox News. You will definitely see a lot of Conservatives getting tore up over there.


Nope. Haven't. Plan to. Can't say when. I'll reserve my decision about getting tore up for when I see it. Can't be as bad as some of the fits and tantrums and denials I've seen from the liberals on this forum.
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeysUncleByMarriage:
Where are these fits you mention? I've been all over the political forum and I have yet to see them. I myself have told people they were lying when they were and provided evidence to the contrary. Is that what you call "getting tore up?"


If you are saying you haven't seen some of the fits thrown by some of our liberals here, you're pretty much in denial yourself.
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeysUncleByMarriage:
I haven't. I would love for you to point them out instead of making a blanket statement that obviously discounts those with a view opposing to yours. Maybe I am asking too much?


Try a few of these out:

SURELY CLINTON WILL DROP OUT NOW

Unseat Sessions This Time

Congratulations to Jenna (I especially liked your Cheney derangement joke).

Newt Gingrich: Republicans Face Real Disaster.

The Last Week (or so) in Stupidity(This one is a shining example of your own denial)

Perhaps this will be enough to make you see what I refer to. Probably not, denial is hard to shake.
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeysUncleByMarriage:
Thanks for answering and showing the me the angry and "riled up" nature of those posts. Smiler


I never used the term "riled up". I spoke of fits and tantrums and denial. All of those are plain and obvious in the posts I provided if you are not in denial.

I'm always glad to help treat these maladies, like BDS and LDS (liberal denial syndrom) Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by gracieadeline:
I think he is related to Hitler! (isn't "Oreilly" Irish for Hitler)?


"And that's not even broaching the falafal situation".
AND THAT'S NOT EVEN BROACHING THE FALAFAL
SITUATION!!!!!!
FALAFAL! FALAFIL! FALAFEL! The word "falafel" is the plural of the Arabic word فلفل (filfil), meaning pepper.[1] Variant spellings in English include felafel and filafil.

Falafel is generally served in pita bread, either inside the pita, which acts as a pocket, or wrapped in a flat pita. In many countries, falafel is a popular street food or fast food. The falafel balls, whole or crushed, may be topped with salads, pickled vegetables and hot sauce, and drizzled with tehina (tahini). Falafel balls may also be eaten alone as a snack or served as part of a mezze. During Ramadan, they are sometimes eaten as part of an iftar, the meal which breaks the daily fast after sunset.


I seem to remember O'reilly getting his words mixed up. Falafel was involved somehow with "loofah" and the loofah business had to do with his sexually agressive moves toward a staffer, who eventually unloaded a BIG financial settlement with Badmouth Bill, conditioned on her keeping confidentially about his harrassment of her. O'reilly--a foul-mouthed sexual harrasser and hardly a role model for the youth he frequently asserts himself to defend from the corruption of the world. Maybe that falafel stirs up the passions.
quote:
Originally posted by Sassy Kims:
quote:
Originally posted by MonkeysUncleByMarriage:
Thanks for answering and showing the me the angry and "riled up" nature of those posts. Smiler


I never used the term "riled up". I spoke of fits and tantrums and denial. All of those are plain and obvious in the posts I provided if you are not in denial.

I'm always glad to help treat these maladies, like BDS and LDS (liberal denial syndrom) Big Grin


Where are these so called tantrums and fits you mention? It's quite amazing that when someone posts a fact, you perceive that as a tantrum. I guess that's pretty much par for the course though for the NeoCon agenda.

Add Reply


Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×