Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

So uhoh, in other words if you can't find it in the bible you can't give an opinion? Even when I was a christian I had opinions of my own and didn't have to run to the bible every single time someone ask me a question.

If someone asks a question about how to replace the starter in a '97 Chevy, I would look in an automotive manual. If someone asks a question about God, the place to look for the answer is in the "God manual".

 

The point is, if you knew the Bible, you would KNOW why God wants all of His children with Him.

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

No Rramn, I don't feel the need to go out and sin. I leave that up to you christians. Then you get to cry and snot and bellow that you've sinnnnnnned. You guys enjoy that stuff. I leave the hating up to you too.


 

but jen I don't hate anyone on here I even love ole unoi and deepfarce.

 

I was simply pointing out all the fun you are missing.

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

No, the point is you don't think people should have any opinion that differs with the bible.

No, Jennifer, you asked a QUESTION. About GOD. Your question was about Someone you don't believe in, and I told you the answer was in a Book you don't believe in. You claim to have once known that Person you don't believe in, and to have read that Book you don't believe in. Obviously you never actually DID know that Person, nor did you ever understand that Book you don't believe in, or you wouldn't have that question.

 

Now, MY question is simply this: If someone neither believes in God nor the Bible, why would they have questions about either? It would be like my asking how long the ears of the Easter bunny are. I don't BELIEVE in the Easter bunny, so I would never ASK such a question because the answert would be - the Easter bunny doesn't have any ears to measure because he doesn't exist.  

Originally Posted by O No!:
Originally Posted by Jennifer:

No, the point is you don't think people should have any opinion that differs with the bible.

No, Jennifer, you asked a QUESTION. About GOD. Your question was about Someone you don't believe in, and I told you the answer was in a Book you don't believe in. You claim to have once known that Person you don't believe in, and to have read that Book you don't believe in. Obviously you never actually DID know that Person, nor did you ever understand that Book you don't believe in, or you wouldn't have that question.

 

Now, MY question is simply this: If someone neither believes in God nor the Bible, why would they have questions about either? It would be like my asking how long the ears of the Easter bunny are. I don't BELIEVE in the Easter bunny, so I would never ASK such a question because the answert would be - the Easter bunny doesn't have any ears to measure because he doesn't exist.  

 

 

Humph! I do believe...the phrase was "She aims, she shoots...she SCORES!!!  

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

I saw that question somewhere else and thought it was a pretty good one.  Shouldn't your god be satisfied with all the happy followers he has, and not be concerned with the ones that don't believe in him?

Jenn, I think the problem is with "Christians" like Bill Gray. They want to build up points so they will look good to God if they go to Heaven. That's why they will beat non-believers over the head with religion. Those people need to realize that we're not children & if we have questions, we know what book to pick up to try & find those answers. Or to asked someone we have confidence in.

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

And uhoh, that means you don't believe now. You can't have it both ways. If you think a person can't lose that belief then I say a person can't come to believe. You're only pretending. I ask what people thought about it, not what your god said.


"Truly, you have a dizzying intellect."

By the way chithead, I didn't ask the question. I saw the question on another site, saw the discussion, and wondered what responses it would get here. Now Uhoh could have saved a lot of time and simply posted "I am a godbot, I have no opinion. If it's not in the bible I can't comment". There were plenty of responses to the question, some thoughtful, some like uhoh's "gawd said it". I just forgot we were dealing with the god zombies on this forum.

I HAVEN'T forgotten I am dealing with a bitter and unhappy person. Really, Jen, whatever it is that is making you so miserable, I'm sure there is help for you. If so many other people on this forum have pointed out to you that you have a problem, we can't all be wrong. Is it your health? An unhappy marriage? Trouble with other family members? Trouble with business? Whatever it is, you need help. If the rest of us can see it, maybe you ought to consider that you DO have a problem.  and try to do something about it.  

Oh uhoh, get over yourself. Worry about your own life, mine is going smoothly right now. The tornado was the only bump in the road for us in a long time. You just can't stand the fact that other people don't agree with you. I am the least unhappy, bitter, angry person you would ever meet. Anger is a waste of time and ineffective, maybe you should get rid of yours.

Originally Posted by O No!:

I HAVEN'T forgotten I am dealing with a bitter and unhappy person. Really, Jen, whatever it is that is making you so miserable, I'm sure there is help for you. If so many other people on this forum have pointed out to you that you have a problem, we can't all be wrong. Is it your health? An unhappy marriage? Trouble with other family members? Trouble with business? Whatever it is, you need help. If the rest of us can see it, maybe you ought to consider that you DO have a problem.  and try to do something about it.  

 

 

And believe it or not, Jennifer, I don't care if your an atheist, dummy, trailer trash, or what, I just think your anger is unhealthy, and could lead to a heart attack...or somethin'. And I don't want to see that happen to you.

Please! Get some help.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by b50m:

'god zombies'?

 

I laughed on that one.  You asked a question that deals with an answer only God can give. Then you don't want an answer from God.  Duh!

I think Jenn was asking the opinion of the people on this forum, not God. God doesn't talk anyway, though there are people that swear He does.


 just because i've never been to the bahamas doesn't mean it isn't real.

just because YOU haven't heard him speak, doesn't mean he isn't there.

 

you've heard me talk about my wife and kids... but you have no emperical evidence that they are anything other than a figment of my imagination.

 

just a thought

 

 i do have to agree with B on one point tho.. if you ask a question that cna only be answered by a book you don't believe in, why ask the question?

 

 i like Jenn, but i think it's possible she phrased the question poorly....maybe something like:

 

i am happy where i am, refuseing and unable to believe in a sky fairy, flying spagetti monsters or invisible pink unicorns, and God has plenty of believers, so why does his Fan Club down here continue to try and push their beliefs onto people who aren't interested?

 

would soemthign like that have been better?

Last edited by The Nagel
Originally Posted by Jennifer:

B, others had no problem giving their opinions about it, and of course they aren't gods. Plenty of christians said they don't believe their god will send good people to hell.

Yes, they have, and I have stated that too. The point was as nagel restated, why ask the question the way you did?

I know you said you saw it, but if you want an opinion of what God would do, ask God.

Nagel, it was not originally my question. It was one I saw asked and answered somewhere else. The answers ran from the standard "read the bible" to others saying they didn't really think their god would send good people to hell, and other things in between.  They had some pretty good discussion about it, and of course it veered off to other things. This wasn't on a religious site btw. Anyway, I post it here and the very first response is how ignorant the question is, and on to "you were never a christian to begin with" blah blah blah. (But I'm supposed to be the bitter angry one) 

Jen......I'm not sure what Calvin would do if Hobbes suddenly came to life and answered

one of his questions. Calvin might say, what took you so long to talk to me?

And hobbes might say, Well I thought you would never ask.

 

There's a spiritual brother Jesus and his Dad, your spiritual Mother who likes to be called Mom.

You may have a lot riding on this,so lay it on the line to them about how much you would like

to know . Push, push hard, they like any attention you would give, but don't let mom catch

you even slightly peeping aroung the corner, She might just tell you to get in the house.

It's time you came home.

 

Iv

Originally Posted by Jennifer:

Nagel, it was not originally my question. It was one I saw asked and answered somewhere else. The answers ran from the standard "read the bible" to others saying they didn't really think their god would send good people to hell, and other things in between.  They had some pretty good discussion about it, and of course it veered off to other things. This wasn't on a religious site btw. Anyway, I post it here and the very first response is how ignorant the question is, and on to "you were never a christian to begin with" blah blah blah. (But I'm supposed to be the bitter angry one) 


i got that.. i knew it wasn't yours, i was just speculating if rewording it before you posted it might have generated more of the responses you were looking for instead of what you got.

 

for the record, to answer the question you DID ask, i don't think God is really worried so much about your belief, as he is about the way you live and why you do what you do..

 

he will place a person who doesn't believe in him, but gives of themselfs and helps others and spreads love and happyness in a much higher position that someone who does believe and tries to spread the word of god, and help others, but does so to try and get heavenly brownie points with The Boss, instead doing it because they want to, because it feels good to help others.

 

doing god's works for the purpose of making god happy is kind of against the whole point - you're supposed to do it because it's the right thing to do, not to build up Jesus Points.

 

spewing out scripture while saying ' look what an good christian i am, i'm spending al lthis time and energy telling others how wrong they are, i'm sure to get one of the seats up front.' (you know.. like Bill) will get you nothing in the end.

matthew chap 6 specifically tells us not to do that.

 

the more one talks about how christian they are, the farther away they step from christs lessons.

 

if someone is doing something BECAUSE it's what the bible says, and for no other reason, they've missed the point.

" well, i hate these lazy jobless hippie beggers, but the bible says to give them charity, so i better i suppose, so i cna get into heaven."

 

that person is in for a rude surprise

 

 

 

Originally Posted by INVICTUS:

Jen......I'm not sure what Calvin would do if Hobbes suddenly came to life and answered

one of his questions. Calvin might say, what took you so long to talk to me?

And hobbes might say, Well I thought you would never ask.

 

There's a spiritual brother Jesus and his Dad, your spiritual Mother who likes to be called Mom.

You may have a lot riding on this,so lay it on the line to them about how much you would like

to know . Push, push hard, they like any attention you would give, but don't let mom catch

you even slightly peeping aroung the corner, She might just tell you to get in the house.

It's time you came home.

 

Iv

 

 

Invictus,

 

Awesome answer!!!!!  Very true !!!!!

Originally Posted by The Nagel:

just because YOU haven't heard him speak, doesn't mean he isn't there.

if you ask a question that cna only be answered by a book you don't believe in, why ask the question?

 

*******************************************************************************************************

I haven't said beyond a shadow of a doubt that He isn't there. But I find it hard to believe that He actually speaks. I believe it's our conscience talking & some people will say it's the voice of God. If that makes a person happy to think that way, more power to'em.

Jenn ask why God shouldn't be satisfied with all the happy followers he has, & not be concerned with the ones that don't believe in him. What's wrong with her asking people's opinion on that? Someone's opinion to that doesn't have to be found only in a book.

Add Reply

Post

Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×