Skip to main content

Blaming God for the sins of irrational religion.

It is very sad to read the diatribes of atheists, such as Richard Dawkins,
against extremist Christian groups or individuals, as though they were
representative of Christianity at large, even though they, in no way
reflect the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Rather than using them as examples of the evil within Christianity,
would it not be more fair and objective to point out the discrepancy between
their actions and the teachings of "true" Christianity? That would be the
more honorable way to go, but some atheists prefer to create evil associations
with Jesus Christ at all costs.

Therefore, when they find irrational or hypocritical actions on the part of
"some" Christian groups or individuals, they quickly announce that Christianity
has been proven to be evil one more time.

Googled.

.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

ROMAN CATHOLICISM EXPOSED!

The Bible Versus The Roman Catholic Church
"And they worshipped the dragon..." Revelation 13:4 KJB
To speak out today about the Roman Catholic faith (and the Roman Catholic Church, Vatican, and Papacy) is not a popular thing to do. It has cost many millions of people their lives throughout the centuries, through the means of holocausts, inquisitions, crusades, massacres, etc. Nonetheless, people need to be warned, because Roman Catholicism is leading many to ****ation. Jesus told us that the majority of people would enter in through the wide gate to destruction (Matthew 7:13 KJV), and this perfectly describes the Roman Catholic Church, whose followers number in the millions around the world. Many Roman Catholics are very sincere in their belief that their church is "the one true church Christ founded", but beloved, they are sincerely WRONG. Please continue reading to see why.
This tract will simply quote official Roman Catholic catechisms and other Catholic official documents, and then refute those Catholic doctrinal heresies with the Word of God, the King James Bible. Since the Bible is of no private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20 KJV), and is self interpreting (scripture compared with other scripture on a subject - 1 Cor. 2:10-15 KJV), it is perfectly capable of teaching its own sound doctrine when read and searched (John 5:39 KJV), studied and rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV), and BELIEVED to be what Jesus taught it was: Truth ("Thy word is truth." - John 17:17 KJV). The truth is that the Bible and the Roman Catholic Church's teachings are almost entirely opposed to each other on most of the important fundamentals of the faith. And Jesus knows this, for God cannot be mocked (Galatians 6:7 KJV). He also warned that there would be a stiff penalty for those who added or subtracted to His Book.


http://www.jesus-is-savior.com...holicism_exposed.htm


************************************************



Christian Fundamentalism Exposed

What is Christian Fundamentalism? Quoting Grolier Electronic Publishing:
Fundamentalism is a term popularly used to describe strict adherence to Christian doctrines based on a literal interpretation of the Bible. This usage derives from a late-19th- and early-20th-century transdenominational Protestant movement that opposed the accommodation of Christian doctrine to modern scientific theory and philosophy.
Are Christian fundamentalists just raving, Bible-thumping fanatics? The answer for many is no. In fact, they are a very diverse and often divided group. Here I will try to dispel myths and take up where the above dictionary definition leaves off. Let's look at some of the many issues surrounding "fundamentalism" as it is today.
I will strongly note here that "fundamentalism" as used here is a political and social movement. This is not to question Jesus or the Bible. Two-thirds of born again Christians reject the intolerance, bigotry, and social politics of groups often affiliated with the Religious Right. Liberals, often hostile to all Christian beliefs, also distort the issue by an over emphasis on the small number of extremists and fanatics. Other examples include some Orthodox and Hassidic Jews, most Shiite Muslims in Iran, and most Sunni Muslims elsewhere. Christian but not Protestant examples would be ultra-conservatives within both Roman and Eastern Orthodox Catholicism, as well as some Mormons (though non-Mormons often consider all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints "non-Christian"). Nontheistic examples would include many Marxists and Secular Humanists, as well as other fervent atheists. This website defines "religious fundamentalism" of all kinds as political and social, not religious.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:
ROMAN CATHOLICISM EXPOSED!

The Bible Versus The Roman Catholic Church
"And they worshipped the dragon..." Revelation 13:4 KJB
To speak out today about the Roman Catholic faith (and the Roman Catholic Church, Vatican, and Papacy) is not a popular thing to do. It has cost many millions of people their lives throughout the centuries, through the means of holocausts, inquisitions, crusades, massacres, etc. Nonetheless, people need to be warned, because Roman Catholicism is leading many to ****ation. Jesus told us that the majority of people would enter in through the wide gate to destruction (Matthew 7:13 KJV), and this perfectly describes the Roman Catholic Church, whose followers number in the millions around the world. Many Roman Catholics are very sincere in their belief that their church is "the one true church Christ founded", but beloved, they are sincerely WRONG. Please continue reading to see why.
This tract will simply quote official Roman Catholic catechisms and other Catholic official documents, and then refute those Catholic doctrinal heresies with the Word of God, the King James Bible. Since the Bible is of no private interpretation (2 Peter 1:20 KJV), and is self interpreting (scripture compared with other scripture on a subject - 1 Cor. 2:10-15 KJV), it is perfectly capable of teaching its own sound doctrine when read and searched (John 5:39 KJV), studied and rightly divided (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV), and BELIEVED to be what Jesus taught it was: Truth ("Thy word is truth." - John 17:17 KJV). The truth is that the Bible and the Roman Catholic Church's teachings are almost entirely opposed to each other on most of the important fundamentals of the faith. And Jesus knows this, for God cannot be mocked (Galatians 6:7 KJV). He also warned that there would be a stiff penalty for those who added or subtracted to His Book.


http://www.jesus-is-savior.com...holicism_exposed.htm


************************************************



Christian Fundamentalism Exposed

What is Christian Fundamentalism? Quoting Grolier Electronic Publishing:
Fundamentalism is a term popularly used to describe strict adherence to Christian doctrines based on a literal interpretation of the Bible. This usage derives from a late-19th- and early-20th-century transdenominational Protestant movement that opposed the accommodation of Christian doctrine to modern scientific theory and philosophy.
Are Christian fundamentalists just raving, Bible-thumping fanatics? The answer for many is no. In fact, they are a very diverse and often divided group. Here I will try to dispel myths and take up where the above dictionary definition leaves off. Let's look at some of the many issues surrounding "fundamentalism" as it is today.
I will strongly note here that "fundamentalism" as used here is a political and social movement. This is not to question Jesus or the Bible. Two-thirds of born again Christians reject the intolerance, bigotry, and social politics of groups often affiliated with the Religious Right. Liberals, often hostile to all Christian beliefs, also distort the issue by an over emphasis on the small number of extremists and fanatics. Other examples include some Orthodox and Hassidic Jews, most Shiite Muslims in Iran, and most Sunni Muslims elsewhere. Christian but not Protestant examples would be ultra-conservatives within both Roman and Eastern Orthodox Catholicism, as well as some Mormons (though non-Mormons often consider all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints "non-Christian"). Nontheistic examples would include many Marxists and Secular Humanists, as well as other fervent atheists. This website defines "religious fundamentalism" of all kinds as political and social, not religious.

http://www.sullivan-county.com/news/

--------------------------------

Golly gee whiz, What can I say. I haven't read this, but glancing over it
I know I've seen it before. These are not new.

It's called catholic hate.

.
How did I lose my place? OK, who's hate did you mean? I think they need to check you over, you have either had a stroke or been kicked in the head. You make no sense.

***************************************


Originally posted by Bill Gray:
VIC, I DO BELIEVE JENNIFER HAS YOU ON THIS ONE!

-------------------

No no, her hate is more hateful, not fair. I was going easy
Well uhoh, if you'd bother to read before you posted you'd see I posted two sites. Each one saying something different. AND not that you care but before that invictus had posted from a site called "atheism exposed".

Now go back and read the headings of those sites. Maybe you think I'm hateful but you invented that "sneaky hatred", that little thing where you insult people and think they don't know you're doing it. Stop reading my posts if they upset you. I have you on ignore, maybe you can do the same for me and we can both ask people to not include our posts in their responses so we won't see them. I don't think I say anymore than any other atheist, and I do just as Unob says, if I get respect I give it, if not I answer in kind.

B50m, those sites were just in response to invictus posting the "atheism exposed" site.

It's the same as the "baby eating" thing. I'd never before heard atheists being accused of that -but I have read that the Protestants accused the catholics of doing it. (And invictus did say babies taste like chicken). I don't "take sides" about who believes what because I don't believe any of it. I just watch everyone fight about who's god is the right one. And I have to say that out of all the posters the Mormon has been the one that has had "grace under fire" when answering bill and bettern-nun's vicious attacks.
quote:
But in Bill's case, he would agree with the devil if the Catholic church was involved.


Agreed.
Now, Jennifer, you have the history (although it has not always been pretty) of the Catholic Church.
But the bottom line is, the Eucharist, the Holy Mass, and the lineation of the Papacy has not changed.
As with any institution, there has been corruption and conflict. Sometimes bloody. Always ugly, when it comes to religious conflict.
I guess when you look at the history of the Catholic Church, it is also important to recognize that the "basics tenets" of the Faith remain unchanged. Forever and ever amen.
Not open for interpretation, set in stone. (or "ROCK"...)
The one true Church, instituted by Christ.
There is no "news" in your post- we (Catholics) have heard it all before. But at the end of the day, guess what institution is still the same as it was 2000 years ago?!
We are nothing if not consistent. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by O No!:
Wow, Bill. You hate Catholics so much you'll side with an atheist (and a very hateful one at that) against them? Confused

Hi O,

When two people speak, or write -- if one or both are right -- why not acknowledge this? It has nothing to do with Christian and atheist beliefs. It only has to do with the statement made. And, Jennifer did post a look-alike web site to match the one that Vic posted.

Not taking sides -- just saying that Jennifer's web site looked as valid as Vic's.

Am I a Roman Catholic hater? No, for if that were the case -- I would have to hate people in my own family. And, I do not.

I will tell them, as I do VP, et al, when what they say or post is not Biblical. But, that is not hate; that is Christian love -- pointing them toward the Truth of God's Word, the Bible.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 0_-_CROSS-BIBLE_SAID-IT-1c
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:
And I have to say that out of all the posters the Mormon has been the one that has had "grace under fire" when answering bill and bettern-nun's vicious attacks.

Hi Jennifer,

Actually, I am not surprised that you, an atheist, would side with Dwight, the Mormon. You both have a common goal -- to destroy the Christian faith.

The only problem with that is -- God has already won the war. The rest of what is going on is only clean up skirmishes.

You say, "the Mormon has been the one that has had 'grace under fire' when answering Bill."

To be truthful, Dwight has NOT answered a single question for anyone. That is part of his Mormon Evangelism indoctrination -- answer no questions, only talk about the Book of Mormon. And, Dwight had been a faithful follower of Joseph Smith is doing this.

Frankly, I believe that Dwight CANNOT answer a single question -- for any truthful answer he can give will only prove the invalidity and error of Mormonism.

So, as a faithful Mormon, Dwight remains quiet -- and will only respond, "Come to my blog or our Mormon web site and I will talk with you."

In other words, "'Come into my parlor,' said the Spider to the Fly."

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Tennis-Player-BALL-DWIGHT
quote:
Hi Jennifer,

Actually, I am not surprised that you, an atheist, would side with Dwight, the Mormon. You both have a common goal -- to destroy the Christian faith.

The only problem with that is -- God has already won the war. The rest of what is going on is only clean up skirmishes.

Bill, try to get it through your head I don't side with any religion. I don't believe. My comment spoke to his responses to you and bettern-nun. I have no desire to destroy the christian faith, just put it in it's place. Your god not only has won nothing, but is losing more every day. What I know about the Mormon religion you could put in a thimble and still have plenty of room. I've told you before, with you and some others it's just a "my cult is better than your cult" argument. And bill, at least he would answer questions.
quote:
I will tell them, as I do VP, et al, when what they say or post is not Biblical. But, that is not hate; that is Christian love -- pointing them toward the Truth of God's Word, the Bible.


We are quite familiar with the Bible, Bill.
Thanks for your concern, but I think I can safely speak for the rest of the Catholics on the forum when I say we really don't benefit from your "pointing". We are pretty firmly planted in the Truth. But thanks anyway.....
quote:
Originally posted by vplee123:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gray:
I will tell them, as I do VP, et al, when what they say or post is not Biblical. But, that is not hate; that is Christian love -- pointing them toward the Truth of God's Word, the Bible.

We are quite familiar with the Bible, Bill. Thanks for your concern, but I think I can safely speak for the rest of the Catholics on the forum when I say we really don't benefit from your "pointing". We are pretty firmly planted in the Truth. But thanks anyway.....

AS THEY SAY, "YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER; BUT, YOU CAN'T MAKE IT DRINK!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • 0_-_CROSS-BIBLE_SOLA-FEDE_Outline
quote:
Originally posted by A. Robustus:
quote:
Originally posted by vplee123:
quote:
AS THEY SAY, "YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER; BUT, YOU CAN'T MAKE IT DRINK!


Bill, Bill, Bill....
I am a Christian.
I believe you know that.
Why don't you work on someone that actually needs or wants your help. "?


Because he would have no one to talk to?

---------------------------------

Bill would pay big money just to be in this forum.


Iv
quote:
Originally posted by vplee123:
who's the 15 year old girl??? You lost me.... Confused

----------------------------

I don't know of the 15 year old girl either.

But if you mean something else I will say, nsns,

You don't believe in God? Then you don't get it! Get it?

If Bill wouldn't have anyone to talk to he would pay to talk
on this forum.



Iv

Add Reply


Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×