Skip to main content

Supposedly they are going to make some big announcement tonight. I guess they've sucked all they can out of exploiting those children and have either decided to divorce or cancel the show. I stopped being able to stomach either of them long ago but I'll be watching tonight just out of curiosity.
"Never interrupt an adult unless you're bleeding or your hair's on fire."
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

What time is the big announcement, Saltie? I'll likely miss it so you might want to come back on and post what happened. I'm like you I stopped watching even before the tabloid stuff started coming out. They started out as a pretty likeable couple and then the longer it went on the more disingenious it became.
I've been watching the show pretty much as long as it has been on. It seems like the more the fame of the show grew, the worse the parents (especially Kate) became to each other. It's sad and I hope those children are not messed up for life because of what their parent's decided to do in having them on a reality show. The poor kids have no say in whether they wanted to be famous or not.

None of us can say whether Jon cheated, or Kate is cheating, etc but I can say that my husband always says if I treated him the way she treats Jon and constantly belittles and degrades him that he would cheat on me too! Razzer Can't say that I would blame him for that one if I acted like her!!
I agree Bamagirl. I have watched the show since the very beginning and every season her attitude has gotten worse. I think all the fame & the $75,000.00 per episode has really went to her head and the constant (almost constant) filming has added so much pressure that they had no where to go but downhill. Notice how this ALWAYS happens to reality tv couples?
I'm not tuning in because I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of garnering the Nielson Ratings. Considering that so far the media has covered the state of their marriage ad nauseam, we'll hear about it, whatever the announcement is.

I personally like 18 Kids and Counting with those constantly reproducing Duggars. They're so old-fashioned, but they treat their kids and each other with respect.
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Irish Prose:
I personally like 18 Kids and Counting with those constantly reproducing Duggars. They're so old-fashioned, but they treat their kids and each other with respect.


Wow, a marriage where the spouses (notice the plural, it has to go both ways) repect each other and it holds together. What a concept!!
I love reality tv. I watch Little People Big World, Gene Simmons, The Cardashians, The Girls Next Door, Rock of Love, and Jon & Kate + 8.

Kate has always been really confident. Add a new do and a tummy tuck, look out, a monster has been created.
I noticed on one show even the twins had on false finger nails. It is amazing how people change when you get $75,000 an episode for a show. There was an E Hollywood Story on them last night.
I think the reveal tonight will be a separation.
i think all reality tv should be cancelled, every show, especially those on VH1. it amazes me how people can be so obsessed with a certain individual or group of people, and it truly amazes me that someone like kim kardashian can be "Famous", what did she ever do?. gosh, the american fascination with "celebrities" is just getting out of hand. i hope they divorce, it serves them right for exploiting their kids like that.
quote:
Originally posted by CrustyMac:
quote:
Originally posted by George Sand:
Jon & Kate + 8 is as nerve racking to watch as Green Acres.


George, you got something against Arnold the Pig? You know Mr. Drucker's store has been turned into an Aldi's.


LOL Mr. Drucker!

Green Acres reminded me too much of the Camus novels I read in college. He's gonna find that castle! He'll get there this time. Oh.... (big sigh) Maybe next time.
I have to admit my husband and I watch "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" sometimes. It is our one and only guilty pleasure! I'm kind of dorky (in a good way) with what I watch: History channel, A&E, etc. I like a good documentary.

I absolutely can not stand those "Bachelorette" installments! I don't know of anything besides beauty pageants - especially the swimsuit portion - that has set women back more! Competing for a guy and crying over it! I don't see how women watch that stuff.

And before I get flogged for the remark on beauty pageants, that's my opinion only. I realize they are a source of scholarships for young women. I just don't see young men having to go through it to get cash for college. Feminist spew over now.
Well, I blew it.


Report: Jon and Kate Gosselin Move Toward Divorce


Jon and Kate Gosselin's marriage appears to be coming to an end, People reported Monday, just hours before the couple was set to make a highly buzzed announcement on a special Jon & Kate Plus 8.

Documents to initiate a legal split were filed at the Bucks County Courthouse in Doylestown, Penn., on Monday afternoon, according to People.

"Parents of multiples have triple the divorce rate," Kate has said. "I was thinking we were going to beat that. I don't know if I can say that anymore."

Thirty-four percent of votes cast in TVGuide.com's poll predicted the couple would announce they would go into marriage counseling. The possibility of a trial separation yielded 31 percent of the votes, while divorce received 29 percent.

The special one-hour Jon & Kate airs Monday at 9 pm/ET on TLC.
Sounds like Kate is running ahead with the excuse patrol. No one believes they are divorcing because they have multiples! That would contribute to the stress in any marriage, but not ultimately cause separation if both parties want to reconcile.

Her brother and sister-in-law have been making the rounds on t.v. shows saying that a while ago Kate brought Jon a contract to sign stating he could date who he chooses and it would be an open marriage, she just wants him to keep up the appearance of a happy family for the sake of the show.

It's also been reported that the same brother and sister-in-law (Kevin and Jodi, I think) started asking for a cut of the money because they had screen time in prior seasons and Kate had them axed from t.v. time in short order.

With family like this who needs enemies?
Yes, Um, Kate was there, UM, in all her poor, poor, UM, pitifulmeness tonight, sans makeup, UM, to play up those oh so, UM, swollen eyes. And so was Jon, who is trying so hard to act like an adult but now seems definately unable to do it without Kate telling him how. Still, on goes the show where you will have the pleasure of seeing the kids with either/or parent depending on whose day it is when they film. One thing is for sure. If those kids EVER start to think this break up was their fault, all they'll have to do is pop in any episode for confirmation that their parents brought it all on themselves. God bless and keep those kids and let's hope this will be the last season of Jon & Kate.
quote:
Originally posted by SaltieDog:
Yes, Um, Kate was there, UM, in all her poor, poor, UM, pitifulmeness tonight, sans makeup, UM, to play up those oh so, UM, swollen eyes. And so was Jon, who is trying so hard to act like an adult but now seems definately unable to do it without Kate telling him how. Still, on goes the show where you will have the pleasure of seeing the kids with either/or parent depending on whose day it is when they film. One thing is for sure. If those kids EVER start to think this break up was their fault, all they'll have to do is pop in any episode for confirmation that their parents brought it all on themselves. God bless and keep those kids and let's hope this will be the last season of Jon & Kate.


well said, Saltie!
I'm having an ominous vision of at least one spinoff of this train wreck! The only thing America will find more interesting than a family of multiples is a broken family of multiples. They both make me sick. I really liked the show at the beginning, but as soon as they began to wipe their ***e$ with money, I grew tired of watching the ingrates. I just get my updates via the internet now, because I will not contribute to the ratings of this televised tragedy.
John began shutting down a while back.. I think that if they would cancel or just do specials like Birthdays or Christmas something like that and take time to work on their marriage then things could work. As for Kate, finally she is showing emotion other than anger and other than being so dominating.. I think that she is really broken over this. As for the kids, is this better? Is this something that they will be able to come out of with little effect? I blame A LOT of this on the media, the paparazzi and anyone that has made this into the circus that it is today! Leave these people alone let them deal with their problems and maybe if they were no longer the center of attention then perhaps they could get to the root of their problems and work it out...
The media and paparazzi are there because Jon and Kate Gosselin sent them an engraved invitation. Now that they realize they've sold their souls to the Devil they want to complain about it? Talk about shutting the barn door after the cows are out... And Kate is the one who wants the show to continue. She is the one who is choosing the cash over the well being of her family. In her own words..."The show (btw-$75K a show) MUST go on!" Kate showing emotion? Not emotion at all. That was acting. Bad acting, but acting just the same. I think she's upset because their lives won't be a big ticket item anymore and she'll miss the money and the opportunities the show has afforded them.
Last edited by Saltie
quote:
Originally posted by SaltieDog:
The media and paparazzi are there because Jon and Kate Gosselin sent them an engraved invitation. Now that they realize they've sold their souls to the Devil they want to complain about it? Talk about shutting the barn door after the cows are out... And Kate is the one who wants the show to continue. She is the one who is choosing the cash over the well being of her family. In her own words..."The show (btw-$75K a show) MUST go on!" Kate showing emotion? Not emotion at all. That was acting. Bad acting, but acting just the same. I think she's upset because their lives won't be a big ticket item anymore and she'll miss the money and the opportunities the show has afforded them.


so true!!
I liked the show from the beginning, missed the drama this past year & was SHOCKED when I found out way after the fact. I hurt for both of them and especially for their kids.

I thought their relationship was no different that most couples I've known. Opposites attract and both personality types are needed to take care of whatever responsibilities life hands a couple. Without Kate's drive and attention to detail, a house with that many kids would have been chaos. Without Jon's calm and humor, it would have been no fun and a little too intense in their home. It worked.

I think they signed up thinking they knew what to expect and thinking they could handle it, but found out that in reality they could not. How many have experienced that one? Raise of hands? Wink

JMHO
quote:
Originally posted by _Joy_:
I liked the show from the beginning, missed the drama this past year & was SHOCKED when I found out way after the fact. I hurt for both of them and especially for their kids.

I thought their relationship was no different that most couples I've known. Opposites attract and both personality types are needed to take care of whatever responsibilities life hands a couple. Without Kate's drive and attention to detail, a house with that many kids would have been chaos. Without Jon's calm and humor, it would have been no fun and a little too intense in their home. It worked.

I think they signed up thinking they knew what to expect and thinking they could handle it, but found out that in reality they could not. How many have experienced that one? Raise of hands? Wink

JMHO


I agree 100%. My relationship (as far as personalities go) is just like J&K's and it works.

Add Reply

Post

Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×