Skip to main content

Just read about this on FB. Brad Travis was asking if anyone heard a loud boom & shakes in the Shoals. It was heard as far as Huntsville & Decatur. Some of the comments is that a steam line blew on Hwy. 20. Someone  said a steam line blew at Ascend, someone else said it didn't.

Was also said the loud booms & shaking was likely caused by "frost quakes".

 

Did any of you hear/feel anything, & know what it was?

 


Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I didn't hear or feel anything, but my dog suddenly jumped up and started barking like she does when someone knocks on the door. No one was there when I checked and then she started whining and running up and down the hall. She is fine now, but I couldn't figure out what her problem was. This was about 45 or an hour ago.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

Just read about this on FB. Brad Travis was asking if anyone heard a loud boom & shakes in the Shoals. It was heard as far as Huntsville & Decatur. Some of the comments is that a steam line blew on Hwy. 20. Someone  said a steam line blew at Ascend, someone else said it didn't.

Was also said the loud booms & shaking was likely caused by "frost quakes".

 

Did any of you hear/feel anything, & know what it was?

 


_____________

it was more than likely a 'frost quake'. there have been several around the shoals the last few days.

Originally Posted by Quaildog:

The earthquake center of USGS shows no such thing as half chick describes. she more than likely made the whole story up. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ear...akes/?source=sitenav

trying to get attention and impress me.

Wait, you're trying to find an earthquake from back around 1993-1995, on a web page that only shows the last 30 days?  This cold weather bust be slowing you down a bit.

I seem to remember it was a 3.0 earthquake.  That was when I found out that this area is actually part of the New Madrid fault system.

Originally Posted by Aeneas:
Originally Posted by Quaildog:

The earthquake center of USGS shows no such thing as half chick describes. she more than likely made the whole story up. http://earthquake.usgs.gov/ear...akes/?source=sitenav

trying to get attention and impress me.

Wait, you're trying to find an earthquake from back around 1993-1995, on a web page that only shows the last 30 days?  This cold weather bust be slowing you down a bit.

I seem to remember it was a 3.0 earthquake.  That was when I found out that this area is actually part of the New Madrid fault system.

no dumbaeass,  yesterday

Originally Posted by Contendah:

Fifteen or twenty years ago a small earthquake centered near Russellville produced a boom all the way to Florence.  Maybe this is something like that.  Bubba, my 400-pound pet gorilla, showed no signs of anxiety either then or in the current situation, but then .Bubba has always been a cool customer.

Once again your poor attempt at humor fails miserably.

Originally Posted by dogsoldier0513:

It was QD's massive ego deflating after being confirmed to be a LIAR.

 

If you are just now figuring that out you haven't been paying attention. He's always been a liar. An honest person wouldn't need to go through 30 id's so far(all banned) and even pretend to be a woman on several occasions in a pink tube top. The reason for his woman avatar right now is he thinks he will be less conspicuous to the mods on here when he shoots off with that nasty potty mouth and gets reported again. Also an honest, healthy minded person wouldn't need to constantly troll a newspaper forum and try to impress people with his incoherent ramblings about how important he is. 

 

Put him on block and be done with it. I did about 6 months ago. It's so nice to not have to read his backwards, ignorance anymore. He's just obviously a lonely old man who is bored in life and likes to try and get a rise out of people on the internet to pass the time away. He also appears to have several severe mental defects. I'd feel sorry for the old white haired coot if he weren't so irritating and stupid. 

Last edited by Seven
Originally Posted by Quaildog:

Side note: There are those of us who understand the physics of it if it is any piece of mind for anyone shattered by your deficit in understanding.

____

There also are those of us who understand the difference between "piece" and "peace," but you are apparently not among that number.

Originally Posted by Contendah:
Originally Posted by Quaildog:

Side note: There are those of us who understand the physics of it if it is any piece of mind for anyone shattered by your deficit in understanding.

____

There also are those of us who understand the difference between "piece" and "peace," but you are apparently not among that number.


However contendah, the infinite number of possibilities allows that that is the correct spelling and at that state your choice is wrong. I was simply choosing to allow that to be the present case.  I often do that as an exercise in quantum mechanics. Proof of that would be to set every word equal to “1”. Therefore piece=1 and 1=piece, then all utterances would be “1” a non -utterances would be the absence of “1” therefore a statement of 110110 by someone would be a “piece” of mind.

  I like the sound of "however contendah" it seems to suit you. I therefore set it to 1101.

Originally Posted by Contendah:
Originally Posted by Quaildog:

Side note: There are those of us who understand the physics of it if it is any piece of mind for anyone shattered by your deficit in understanding.

____

There also are those of us who understand the difference between "piece" and "peace," but you are apparently not among that number.

QuailDung is still trying to get past step...2...

For 30 years now...

Originally Posted by Quaildog:

a geological survey I commissioned back in the late 60's shows a cavernous stratum from the Mississippi line at Iuka to Huntsville. I still have it filed somewhere. that alone could explain this anomaly.

Hahaha!

The only "cavernous stratum" YOU are familiar with...is the one...BETWEEN YOUR EARS!

Bahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Originally Posted by Quaildog:
Originally Posted by Contendah:
Originally Posted by Quaildog:

Side note: There are those of us who understand the physics of it if it is any piece of mind for anyone shattered by your deficit in understanding.

____

There also are those of us who understand the difference between "piece" and "peace," but you are apparently not among that number.


However contendah, the infinite number of possibilities allows that that is the correct spelling and at that state your choice is wrong. I was simply choosing to allow that to be the present case.  I often do that as an exercise in quantum mechanics. Proof of that would be to set every word equal to “1”. Therefore piece=1 and 1=piece, then all utterances would be “1” a non -utterances would be the absence of “1” therefore a statement of 110110 by someone would be a “piece” of mind.

  I like the sound of "however contendah" it seems to suit you. I therefore set it to 1101.

___

None of that obtuse analysis will stand up when examined in light of the coefficient of retrograde phase specificity in Cholmondoley's grillage coefficient.

Add Reply


Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×