Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bama in chi-town:
My sister's fiance is one of the people opening this place. It is in the old Nolan Cole Art Gallery across from Ricatonni's. Sounds like it is going to be first class. They have copper top bars upstairs and down stairs. Bar down stairs is nearly 50 ft. Hope everyone checks it out.


I wish the well and plan on being a customer since I work in the downtown area. I have a suggestion for you to pass on. They need to make their sign stand out. I think I understand that they are going for the old faded look, that will occur naturally in this climate, but for the first few months if they want people to find them their sign needs to POP. So dab a little brighter paint on it guys.
What kind of business is this going to be? A Bar? An eating establishment? Both? and if Zac Hacker is gonna be there, I'm there, he is the man for me, I love that guy. He has an awesome voice, and his personality is number 1 in my book. If you have not seen him sing in person, please come, I'm going. Hope to see my "forum friends" there. See you then.
quote:
Originally posted by JK Hawk:
I know Mottzis, the short lived restaurant/bar that was there before, was non-smoking. Will this place be non-smoking?


I know these guys well and it's not going to be another Mottzis that's for sure...any many respects! I didn't know the guy who owned Mottzis and I'm not trying to defam him, but this one is going to be done right. They're putting a ton of work (and money) in this thing. I think it'll be smoking unless the city can fanagle the smoking ban in.

From what I've been told they are going to have a sweet line-up for bands the first week. And to top it off on 6/6/08, as mentioned before, Zach Hacker along with David Saint-Romain. Are you kidding me? That's going to be a good night. All I can say is they are doing this right. Can't wait... this will be a bar everyone should check out.
quote:
Originally posted by bama in chi-town:
My sister's fiance is one of the people opening this place. It is in the old Nolan Cole Art Gallery across from Ricatonni's. Sounds like it is going to be first class. They have copper top bars upstairs and down stairs. Bar down stairs is nearly 50 ft. Hope everyone checks it out.


Always nice to see a new place opening, especially with live music. My husband and I will have to check them out. It's a great location near UNA, too. I hope it's appreciated and supported by Florence. If not, I don't want to hear any more whining on here about nothing to do. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by fordjw:
I wish the well and plan on being a customer since I work in the downtown area. I have a suggestion for you to pass on. They need to make their sign stand out. I think I understand that they are going for the old faded look, that will occur naturally in this climate, but for the first few months if they want people to find them their sign needs to POP. So dab a little brighter paint on it guys.


I disagree. The sign is AWESOME.
Smoking: The downstairs will be non-smoking in the day (upstairs will be smoking), all smoking at night. I'm not sure what time it will switch over. It's not exactly feasible to have a non-smoking bar until the state bans it.

The Sign: They are still working on the sign, and have made a couple of changes. They are intending to add lights around it soon.

If anyone is interested in working they should stop by and fill out an application.
quote:
Originally posted by het8612:
quote:
Originally posted by JK Hawk:
I know Mottzis, the short lived restaurant/bar that was there before, was non-smoking. Will this place be non-smoking?


I know these guys well and it's not going to be another Mottzis that's for sure...any many respects! I didn't know the guy who owned Mottzis and I'm not trying to defam him, but this one is going to be done right. They're putting a ton of work (and money) in this thing. I think it'll be smoking unless the city can fanagle the smoking ban in.

From what I've been told they are going to have a sweet line-up for bands the first week. And to top it off on 6/6/08, as mentioned before, Zach Hacker along with David Saint-Romain. Are you kidding me? That's going to be a good night. All I can say is they are doing this right. Can't wait... this will be a bar everyone should check out.


I actually knew the guy that owned Mottzis, and I'll tell you right now that he didn't run it right. I told him several times that he was running himself into the ground and offered him many suggestions that would have definitely kept him open plus making a profit.

He sold Mottzis for just enough money to break even.
JK Hawk. Shea (Mottzies) did not come close to breaking even. He would close the restaurant to go out to other bars. That is not how you run a restaurant. On The Rocks will be the real deal. I know all these guys well and they are a welcome sight to downtown. There is alot of buzz in my circle. I guarantee you the bartenders will be way better than Mug Shots. And sober too.
quote:
Originally posted by Small talker:
JK Hawk. Shea (Mottzies) did not come close to breaking even. He would close the restaurant to go out to other bars. That is not how you run a restaurant. On The Rocks will be the real deal. I know all these guys well and they are a welcome sight to downtown. There is alot of buzz in my circle. I guarantee you the bartenders will be way better than Mug Shots. And sober too.


I figured that he pretty much lost money, but I was just basing what I said on what Shea had told me personally. But you're right. He'd close down to go to other places. He'd let friends come in and take what they want. He gave away too much free stuff.

I knew he had to be losing money, but I never got to see his books. Hahaha, his books; yeah right!
quote:
Originally posted by STAY_IN_IT!!:
downtown florence sucks and there are too many old people in the area!


O.k. you're cool. I'm sure 90% of Florence's population is older than you. If it sucks so bad take action and do something to make it better. Oh wait I don't guess someone 13 or 14 years old can do much can they? Sorry

We should be excited Mike, Randy, and Nick are doing something like this downtown. Would it not be awesome to have three or four places downtown like this to walk to on any given night? If one place sucks go to the next.
quote:
Originally posted by het8612:
quote:
Originally posted by JK Hawk:
I know Mottzis, the short lived restaurant/bar that was there before, was non-smoking. Will this place be non-smoking?


I know these guys well and it's not going to be another Mottzis that's for sure...any many respects! I didn't know the guy who owned Mottzis and I'm not trying to defam him, but this one is going to be done right. They're putting a ton of work (and money) in this thing. I think it'll be smoking unless the city can fanagle the smoking ban in.

From what I've been told they are going to have a sweet line-up for bands the first week. And to top it off on 6/6/08, as mentioned before, Zach Hacker along with David Saint-Romain. Are you kidding me? That's going to be a good night. All I can say is they are doing this right. Can't wait... this will be a bar everyone should check out.


If it is a smoking establishment....afraid I won't get to check it out. Dang it!
Ok I just ate there today and the place is awesome! I had the Buffalo Chicken sandwich and it came with those deep fried potato chips like Logan's and TX RH and was only like $6.99? You could add fries for like .99 cents but I wanted to try the chips. Only thing that would have been better was if the bun was different instead of like a hamburger bun. Maybe like a toasted ciabatta bun? But hey other then that, that food was great, service was great, and atmosphere was nice and welcoming. I give 5 stars on a 1-5 scale and I am one to be pretty judgmental on these type on things!
Great staff, great food, great atmosphere, great service, and it's a fantastic looking bar!

I'm a non-smoker and aside from some lame group of guys smoking cigars the cigarette smoke didn't even bother me and I was upstairs in the smoking section.

They have fans going all over the place, it's clean, well lit and a terrific place! I'm so proud of them all for doing this!
quote:
Originally posted by kittenfantastico:
Great staff, great food, great atmosphere, great service, and it's a fantastic looking bar!

I'm a non-smoker and aside from some lame group of guys smoking cigars the cigarette smoke didn't even bother me and I was upstairs in the smoking section.

They have fans going all over the place, it's clean, well lit and a terrific place! I'm so proud of them all for doing this!

Hey Kell. Smoke didn't bother me either, but those guys w/ the cigars were choking me out. Dude in the vinyl jacket when its 90 degrees out...im looking at you.
I just got them to fax a menu and it is limited to 4 entrees, chop steak, grilled chicken, grilled Mahi-Mahi and of course fried chicken tenders but the appetizers look good. They also have 5 sandwiches two of that I think I would like are Tomato-Basil-Grilled Chicken Sandwich and the Amaaazing Torta. The extras that you can get on their hamburger is fried egg (yuck), blue cheese crumbles, grilled onions, bacon, cheddar, Swiss, or pepper jack cheese.

They offer a No*Tell Ro* Tel Homemade Cheese Dip that looks good- A classic crock-pot style blend of melted cheese, salsa, and spices. Served with fresh tortilla chips. $4.99

I’m tired of the white cheese dip so this should be good.

Macho Nachos the king Cadillac of all Nachos are $9.99 it comes with chili, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, jalapenos, with freshly grilled steak and chicken. (I don’t know about that one but for the price they better be AWSOME)

For the kids they offer peanut butter and jelly sandwich with mash potatoes, chips or fries for $3.00. Mac and Cheese for $3.00 and a $3.00 corn dog both which come with the one of the variety of spuds.

I will give it a try probably in mid-afternoon when the lunch crowd is gone.
yeah, they keep changing the rules on me, so forgive me if some of the things i said have actually changed. the smoking issue: during the day, all non-smoking, upstairs is smoking at night starting at 5?? i think, and then after 10pm it all goes smoking. and like kel and mike said, it is very open and airy, so the smoke hopefully won't bother people.
quote:
Originally posted by jamofpearls:
quote:
Originally posted by kittenfantastico:
Great staff, great food, great atmosphere, great service, and it's a fantastic looking bar!

I'm a non-smoker and aside from some lame group of guys smoking cigars the cigarette smoke didn't even bother me and I was upstairs in the smoking section.

They have fans going all over the place, it's clean, well lit and a terrific place! I'm so proud of them all for doing this!

Hey Kell. Smoke didn't bother me either, but those guys w/ the cigars were choking me out. Dude in the vinyl jacket when its 90 degrees out...im looking at you.



You know, I actually started to wonder if he was a vampire... you know first rule of spotting one is their out of season clothing, and when it's dated as well... you know something is up!
quote:
Originally posted by toridyar:
yeah, they keep changing the rules on me, so forgive me if some of the things i said have actually changed. the smoking issue: during the day, all non-smoking, upstairs is smoking at night starting at 5?? i think, and then after 10pm it all goes smoking. and like kel and mike said, it is very open and airy, so the smoke hopefully won't bother people.


I was upstairs in the evening and near the upstairs bar. I do not smoke but barely noticed that there was smoking going on.

Add Reply


Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×