Skip to main content

2 each its own......Can I ask you a question please? This has been bothering me for a long time now, and I just can't hold it in any longer. Would you please consider changing your quote about cancer? I am trying to survive cancer, and a lot of others on here are going through the same, or they have someone that they love or really care about that is also battling this awful disease. Many of us have also lost many people we Love also to this terrible Disease. Of course,the choice is up to you, but I just am bothered by it every time I see it, I kinda cringe and shivers go through me. I am just asking you if you would mind taking that one Word off? Thanks for your consideration.
quote:
Originally posted by 2_each_its_own:
DLC I have a question for you to? would you please consider changing you yysdnft cause it really bothers me to cause a troll beat on my mom in her first marriage and it sends chills down my spine every time I see that. or at least take the last part off. thanks for your consideration


Ugh, How tacky.

She wasn't even being the least bit rude to you. Shows how much compassion you possess.

~Amanda
quote:
Originally posted by 2_each_its_own:
DLC I have a question for you to? would you please consider changing you yysdnft cause it really bothers me to cause a troll beat on my mom in her first marriage and it sends chills down my spine every time I see that. or at least take the last part off. thanks for your consideration



I don't understand! What does your Momma's man trouble have to do with DLC's signature? I know you are just trying to make a joke...and I am trying to laugh. If you don't start anything, there won't be anything.
quote:
Originally posted by 2_each_its_own:
whats tacky is yall probaby planned this, to come in here and say something so i would reply so yall could start crap again.

and maggie if you were around at the right time you would know what i'm talking about


Thank you for complimenting us. However, we are not masterminds.

I saw this pop up when Donna replied, I looked at what she said, and felt bad that she had to go through so much, and saw the sincerity in her reply.

I was browsing, then I saw where you replied on the mainpage back. From what I've seen of you especially when you were newer, you had a sweet disposition,and a very moral vibe. So, I thought that maybe you'd reply back with something as nice as Donna said.

When I saw what you actually wrote, I felt it was tacky as heck. Here is a lady that is either a cancer survivor or has cancer, and you are going to say something as snarky as that back to her? All over a signature, that by the way is fun?

Tell me, how is 'our' signatures any different than your's? Hmm? Your's probably has some type of malicious statement that it's anagramed for, our's doesn't. That's the truth of it.

Anyway, point is, you in one comment summed up just how little compassion that you have for other people. I'm sorry your mother got beaten, I am in no way making that any less, but it's apples and oranges, hun. Really it is. Your signature can and probably does affect people that have lived through or going through the effects of cancer.

If she had been rude about it, maybe there'd be another slant you could use, but she wasn't.


Jealousy /is/ a mental disease, and you are eaten up with it, unfortunately, to the point that you dismiss someone completely because /they/ may be friends with some of us that you don't like. That's horrible.

Btw, why not use this instead, "Jealousy is a mental disease, it grows on you like fungi". That wouldn't be offensive to anyone- unless they have an awkward fungi obsession.

In conclusion- we don't plan and plot. Nor are we on the look out for situations in which to cut you down. Read over the posts, and see- that most of us, have done the best we can to avoid or ignore those of you that seemingly like to be thorns in others' sides. Especially lately.

We don't have to, but we do so for the rest of the forum that is shaking their heads at the extreme immaturity and silly high school type drama. Not because ya'll have run us off. Smiler

I hope you really read this, and maybe see what I'm saying instead of getting offended. However, if you get offended, that's your choice also.

Until then, have a good night.

~Amanda
YAY Amanda!!!!

I am so proud of you and what you said to 2_each and to tnt, that was so good of you to take the high road.

Now on with the rest, we CAN'T be blamed for following anyone on the forum around will silly, snarky and bad replies, we reply to EACH OTHER and a few more friends on here, and we have a nice time doing so.

I remember one night, that 2_each, tnt and zann got ALL over Amanda because she replied to a comment by saying *Shakes head*. They drove her literally into the ground with it CLAIMING they had a family of Parkinsons and were offended. It was just an excuse to jump on Amanda because of her kindness though, I can see that now.

Your signature containing the word CANCER is a horrible insult to MANY of us on here who have either experienced it or lost loved ones to that horrid disease.

All Donna did was ask you to remove it, she did it very nice and with respect and you guys threw it back in her face. She is strong though, she will ignore your juvenile remarks because she HAS survived much more than you two will ever imagine.

GO DONNA GO!!! YAY AMANDA YAY!!!
Donna,

Hi there. I don't post much on here but I did want to sign on this morning to leave you this. I'm am sure you have read it before. My daughter and I both are cancer survivors and I have a teeshirt with this poem on it. Do know that you are not alone in cringing at the word when you see it, I do too. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are much stronger. Look over the tackiness because it's not worth the time wasted on that ignorance.


What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

Take care and you are in my prayer, Donna. <3
quote:
Originally posted by just saying:
Donna,

Hi there. I don't post much on here but I did want to sign on this morning to leave you this. I'm am sure you have read it before. My daughter and I both are cancer survivors and I have a teeshirt with this poem on it. Do know that you are not alone in cringing at the word when you see it, I do too. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are much stronger. Look over the tackiness because it's not worth the time wasted on that ignorance.


What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter hope
It cannot corrode faith
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit.

Take care and you are in my prayer, Donna. <3



Wow, your reply here gave me goose bumps!!! Thank you so much for this!!!

Donna, see there are so many others here that love you and Pray for you, don't worry about a couple who just plays around.

One reaps what one sows.

Thank You, "JUST SAYING"!!!!! Even though my very own Mom succumbed to Cancer, I am behind EVERY fighter there is out there!!!
quote:
Originally posted by 2_each_its_own:
quote:
If you don't start anything, there won't be anything.


is that a threat maggie?

no worries on my part. I'm not intimidated



You know me...I don't make threats. I can translate, though. The responsibility for any further riff-raff lies with you.

Donna, go to your 'preferences'. Where it says 'ignore', add whoever is bothering you for whatever the reason. I applaud you for your effort, girl!
quote:
Originally posted by Kindred:
YAY Amanda!!!!

I am so proud of you and what you said to 2_each and to tnt, that was so good of you to take the high road.

Now on with the rest, we CAN'T be blamed for following anyone on the forum around will silly, snarky and bad replies, we reply to EACH OTHER and a few more friends on here, and we have a nice time doing so.

I remember one night, that 2_each, tnt and zann got ALL over Amanda because she replied to a comment by saying *Shakes head*. They drove her literally into the ground with it CLAIMING they had a family of Parkinsons and were offended. It was just an excuse to jump on Amanda because of her kindness though, I can see that now.

Your signature containing the word CANCER is a horrible insult to MANY of us on here who have either experienced it or lost loved ones to that horrid disease.

All Donna did was ask you to remove it, she did it very nice and with respect and you guys threw it back in her face. She is strong though, she will ignore your juvenile remarks because she HAS survived much more than you two will ever imagine.

GO DONNA GO!!! YAY AMANDA YAY!!!


I didnt see where she mention my name ,only you did .

My Mohter died from lung cancer in 13 weeks so I know about the ugly disease first hand . I also have lost several aunts ,uncles and grandparents to this thing . But me taking it off is not gonna stop it is it ?
Im sorry for anyone that is going through it now . But removing the sign will not cure it .

And kindred I never said my family had Parkinsons ,So stop putting words in my mouth ! Thank you .If you have issues's with me send it in a PM . Wink
quote:
Originally posted by tnt5862:
But me taking it off is not gonna stop it is it ?
Im sorry for anyone that is going through it now . But removing the sign will not cure it.


No one suggested that removing it would cure anything. You're sorry for anyone that is going thru it?
Your refusing to remove it shows us that you don't have a compassionate bone in your body or a compassionate thought in your brain.
I feel very sorry for you, you must be one miserable human being.
Why is it that others can be as tacky and rude and whatever, but anytime anyone else comments to correct their self-centered thinking -- we are accused of masterminding a coup or threatening them? Since when did giving your opinion become a conspiracy?

I really agree DLC, I would put them on ignore. Apparently, they don't understand that "cancer" is a serious and hard-pressed battle for many on this forum and in this area. I just got a call yesterday about a man I have known since childhood that died of Cancer YESTERDAY. He had been sick and even had scans and tests in June 07 that turned up NOTHING. Still has continued to be sick so they did another scan 11 days ago and found a very aggressive cancer that was in his pancreas, liver and other internal organs. He had a treatment on Tuesday and came home. He had gone to his real Home to be with the Lord by Wednesday.

I know where you got your "phrase" and I think you should reconsider what you consider a cancer and what you consider a petty comment. It is disrepectful to those that have endured so much to just take another breath with something as petty as what I considered "high school drama".

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine...but when more than one person -- regardless of who they are friends with -- calls you out for something to show you a point -- you should at least reconsider...I realize that you will not change your phrase now because we have brought it to your attention and asked you to change it, but then again that shows the openness to others' opinion and respect that is evident with every post that you make...

Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×