Skip to main content

How clueless can one get?

<<<A 65 year old woman by the name of Bonnie Jonas-Boggioni was pulled over while driving through Tennessee with her husband. The cops said they had pulled her over on drug suspicion, after they saw what appeared to be a marijuana leaf on a bumper sticker attached to the back of her car.

Unfortunately for the officer, the bumper sticker was a picture of a buckeye leaf. See, Jonas-Boggioni is a die-hard Ohio State Buckeyes fan and was even wearing a 2002 National Football Champions T-shirt at the time of her “arrest”.>>>


Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa...?FUDiLf23R3DqXT3f.99

 

Not only was the officer ignorant and out of touch, he was proceeding in a manner that was arguably unconstitutional. There is no law against having a bumper sticker or any other form of art or information that may involve the graphic representation of Cannabis sativa or any other plant life.  The lady could have been legally driving a car painted from one end to the other with images of marijuana, but that would not constitute a basis for being detained by the police and having to explain herself.  This kind of unwarranted intrusiveness by law enforcement personnel reflects badly on their honorable profession.

 

http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa...-leaf-for-marijuana/

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This follows a story several weeks ago about a man who was on his way to buy a car with $20K in cash in his car. Cops (I believe) in the Cookville Tn area pulled him over and appropriated (read that stole) the money as suspicion  of it being from a drug deal with absolutely no proof other than him having cash.

The sooner we end this wet dream of Richard Nixon called the "war on drugs" , and end the ability for cops to steal peoples money that was given by  GHW Bush, the sooner we can return to sanity in this country.

It is best to never carry any cash of any amount with you as police can stop you for "I thought I saw you weave" or anything else , and just take your money.  As for me, they wouldn't get enough to buy a couple of donuts.

Although Nixon declared the War on Drugs in 1971,[14] the policies that his administration implemented as part of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 were a continuation of drug prohibition policies in the U.S., which started in 1914.[15][16] Less well-known today is that the Nixon Administration also repealed the federal 2–10-year mandatory minimum sentences for possession of marijuana and started federal demand reduction programs and drug-treatment programs. Robert DuPont, the "Drug czar" in the Nixon Administration, stated it would be more accurate to say that Nixon ended, rather than launched, the "war on drugs". DuPont also argued that it was the proponents of drug legalization that popularized the term "war on drugs".[11]

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs

I once sold a motorhome to a preacher in Waterbury, Connecticut.  While I was waiting for him to count up the cash ($4000), I observed many drug deals and a raid going on out on the street near his house.

  The preacher handed me a big brown paper sack filled with $4000 worth of neatly bundled $1 bills.

 

Told my buddy who drove me home to put on his seatbelt, turn on his headlights and signal every turn cause I just knew some cop was gonna stop us for something stupid in th middle of the 'hood and me sitting there with a big bag of cash between ma feets.....

Originally Posted by mad American:

I remember horror stories of law abiding citizens having cash siezed because of suspicion of illegal activity.  The bad thing is that you have to prove that you are innocent before you get your cash back, if ever.  Seems like the stories I read about were in Louisana. 

__

Yes.  The town where these cop-hooligans operated was Sulfur, LA.  They were exposed on 60 Minutes and soon thereafter the nonsense was stopped.

Originally Posted by upsidedehead:
Originally Posted by mad American:

I remember horror stories of law abiding citizens having cash siezed because of suspicion of illegal activity.  The bad thing is that you have to prove that you are innocent before you get your cash back, if ever.  Seems like the stories I read about were in Louisana. 

__

Yes.  The town where these cop-hooligans operated was Sulfur, LA.  They were exposed on 60 Minutes and soon thereafter the nonsense was stopped.

==========

Now, Tennessee  is doing about the same thing.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Although Nixon declared the War on Drugs in 1971,[14] the policies that his administration implemented as part of the Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act of 1970 were a continuation of drug prohibition policies in the U.S., which started in 1914.[15][16] Less well-known today is that the Nixon Administration also repealed the federal 2–10-year mandatory minimum sentences for possession of marijuana and started federal demand reduction programs and drug-treatment programs. Robert DuPont, the "Drug czar" in the Nixon Administration, stated it would be more accurate to say that Nixon ended, rather than launched, the "war on drugs". DuPont also argued that it was the proponents of drug legalization that popularized the term "war on drugs".[11]

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs

==================

Nixon's actions had some consequences not even as dark a person as he probably intended.

He had this "scheduling" of drugs . After which, you could no longer get paragaric (sp) , and a host of cough medicines that actually would stop a cough. Doctors were more tightly scrutinized for scripts for meds that were on his list.

Nixon's hatred for marijuana came because of his dislike for those who protested the war in Vietnam, He considered all of them to be dope heads and in his opinion , the drug of choice for them was marijuana.

However, back in the day, getting caught with MJ was a $50 fine and was not a felony. It took GHW Bush to screw the system up so that the cops now had legal grounds to steal whatever they wanted, and if caught by the feds with even a seed of MJ, 10 years in prison. Ole man Bush had some good points , but he was a heartless sob. in a lot of ways. (some I know of personally by the way he treated my mother's 1st cousin), but that is not something I wish to discuss on public forums.

One of the things Bush 1 did was a presidential decree to not allow a terminal cancer (or other kind) of patient to have enough morpheme to completely keep them easy. "Afraid they wouldl get hooked" .  Kudos to Clinton as one of , if not the first thing, he did , was to end that decree.

Nixon's hatred for marijuana came because of his dislike for those who protested the war in Vietnam, He considered all of them to be dope heads and in his opinion , the drug of choice for them was marijuana.


=========

A bit out of my "time line", but wouldn't the "dope heads" have been protesting the democrats? It was after all, their war.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

Meanwhile, Johnson escalated American involvement in the Vietnam War, from 16,000 American advisors/soldiers in 1963 to 550,000 combat troops in early 1968, as American casualties soared and the peace process bogged down. The involvement stimulated a large angry antiwar movement based especially on university campuses in the U.S. and abroad.[3] Summer riots broke out in most major cities after 1965, and crime rates soared, as his opponents raised demands for "law and order" policies. 


OMG is there one discussion that Best doesn't try and turn into a Republican vs Democrat discussion?

 

I watched a report of a town in Texas that was seizing money and saying it was based on suspicion of drugs back a few years ago. One of the men they took money from was an attorney who didn't let it go and kept fighting them in court till he got his money and even turned around and sued the town and won a substantial amount. Sadly not everyone can afford to keep going to court and paying lawyers to win back their money. The police in these towns that are stealing from citizens are taking advantage of that fact.

 

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

One of the things Bush 1 did was a presidential decree to not allow a terminal cancer (or other kind) of patient to have enough morpheme to completely keep them easy. "Afraid they wouldl get hooked" .  Kudos to Clinton as one of , if not the first thing, he did , was to end that decree.


Link to any of your claims?

How old are you. These are things I remember.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Nixon's hatred for marijuana came because of his dislike for those who protested the war in Vietnam, He considered all of them to be dope heads and in his opinion , the drug of choice for them was marijuana.


=========

A bit out of my "time line", but wouldn't the "dope heads" have been protesting the democrats? It was after all, their war.




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyndon_B._Johnson

Meanwhile, Johnson escalated American involvement in the Vietnam War, from 16,000 American advisors/soldiers in 1963 to 550,000 combat troops in early 1968, as American casualties soared and the peace process bogged down. The involvement stimulated a large angry antiwar movement based especially on university campuses in the U.S. and abroad.[3] Summer riots broke out in most major cities after 1965, and crime rates soared, as his opponents raised demands for "law and order" policies. 


====================

I think you will find the Vietnam war was , as they like to say, "bi partisan" . Ike first sent in people as "advisers" , then Kennedy took over and started to escalate the war, but many at the time thought that one of the things that may have gotten him killed is that he was secretly wanting to end our involvement in Vietnam, so he was killed at the desire of the "Industrial Military Complex". I am not saying that for myself, but the thought was there back then.

Then Johnson escalated the war during his term and a half, but was unable to win. Nixon won his first term on a promise that he had a "secret tactic" to end the war, but as with much of Nixon, it was a lie, and the war continued.

Having come of age during this time, I recall that the war was pretty much accepted as "we must fight Communism there, or we'll have to fight it here"  (sounds vaguely familiar to the Bush drumbeat about Iraqis)  At any rate, towards the last of Johnson's term, the tide of public opinion started to turn against the war, but it was during Nixon's first term that the protest of the war really took the worse turns. Unarmed college kids were killed for protesting, people in the streets were beat and arrested for exercising their right to protest the war.

Nixon even tried to kick John Lennon out of the country because of his peace protest, and it was during this time that Nixon turned against MJ because it was the drug of choice of these "peace loving , war hating, hippies" 

While I may have a few things out of order here, that's the basic way things went down. You want links, you find them. I remember.

Originally Posted by seeweed:
Originally Posted by Bestworking:

One of the things Bush 1 did was a presidential decree to not allow a terminal cancer (or other kind) of patient to have enough morpheme to completely keep them easy. "Afraid they wouldl get hooked" .  Kudos to Clinton as one of , if not the first thing, he did , was to end that decree.


Link to any of your claims?

How old are you. These are things I remember.

--------------

So you can just post whatever you want and swear it's true because you claim you "remember it"?  You seem to be the only one that "remembers" this, since I can't find one word about it. I will however keep searching.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:
 

So you can just post whatever you want and swear it's true because you claim you "remember it"?  You seem to be the only one that "remembers" this, since I can't find one word about it. I will however keep searching.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hell, even *I* remember much of that and it was pretty much like seeweed says-and I was born in late '63.

 

Sometimes I get the feeling that I am talking to some child, about 19 maybe 20 , who has no actual memory of any historical event that happened before Bush1 was president, and therefore does not have any ability to form an opinion other than what can be read in history books, or some right wing slanted internet site.

Not calling any names here, but you know, if the shoe fits , then it's you Cinderella.

Originally Posted by seeweed:

Sometimes I get the feeling that I am talking to some child, about 19 maybe 20 , who has no actual memory of any historical event that happened before Bush1 was president, and therefore does not have any ability to form an opinion other than what can be read in history books, or some right wing slanted internet site.

Not calling any names here, but you know, if the shoe fits , then it's you Cinderella.

-----------

Because I asked for links instead of relying on your "memory"? What does who was president before Bush 1 have to do with your claim?  BTW, if you're confused I can tell you it wasn't Nixon.  I can't find ONE thing to substantiate your statement about Bush and "morphine", but I'm supposed to just take your word that you "remember" it? LOL! What right wing sites do I read? What's wrong with history books? You only like them if the lefties have rewritten them? 

Add Reply

Post

Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×