Skip to main content

RE: http://www.timesdaily.com/arti...315/ARTICLES/3155021

This was so needed. I took classes last semester and I could not believe how many young people smoke these days. There were always several smokers congregating in all the main passageways between classes. Not only is this generation unhealthy from their bad eating habits and lack of exercise...they also smoke....a lot!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

My mother was a tobacco addict, and it was her only vice.  I don't know how she had time to work, take care of her family and smoke so much.

 

Needless to say, the rest of the family was very disturbed, and this was a permanent source of concern to everyone in her life .  Only when she had a stroke, carotid's cleaned out and a heart attack @ 75 years old did she finally quit.  Then she lived to 91 years old with great doctors taking care of her.

 

Now, we refuse to smell cigarettes, and don't have a single friend that smokes.  I hate to be that way, but some chemical in cigarettes makes my blood pressure rise, my face get red and produces an instant headache.

 

What's not mentioned in the media is that lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in both men and women in the United States and worldwide. In the U.S., lung cancer is responsible for more deaths than from breast cancer, colon cancer, and prostate cancer combined.  158,683 deaths in 2007 were from cancer--85% caused by tobacco.

 

It doesn't take a smart person to understand that most of lung cancer can be avoided by abstinence.

Give me a 15% chance any day over an 85% chance.

 

 

The smoke itself has one odor, but the real stench, I think, is the smell it turns into when it's on the smoker and their clothes, cars, ashtrays, house. AND it is not a new phenomena as some claim. I have heard plenty of older people talk about how cigarette smoke has always bothered them, but "back then" so many people smoked, I guess not too many complained about it, they just lived with it, and I guess thought they were weird because it bothered them.

Add Reply


Untitled Document
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×